Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bagel Face

"Bagel Face, you've got the cutest little Bagel Face..." (guess what's been running through my head all day?) A bagel with vegan cream cheese, grandma's organic strawberry jam, and cashews. Backing Mr. Bagel Face up are canned pineapple, carrot blossoms, and chocolate rice milk.
Verdict:
I'm laughing because the only thing he neglected to eat was the chocolate milk. He says he just didn't see it there! I don't send beverages very often, and he was too excited to make Mr. Bagel Face's acquaintance, I think. 4 stars.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You rock! Thanks for all the inspiration. Love and I went vegan this year and we are trying to get our own (4yo vegetarian) Mr. Man to embrace vegetables. The pictures are fantastic! Keep up the great lunches. We are all going to eat better.

Harmonia said...

Very creative!

Anonymous said...

does lil' shmoo normally buy a drink at school, or does he not drink with his meals?

Anonymous said...

she lists the beverages. He had chocolate rice milk.

Jennifershmoo said...

All the kids are allowed to keep a water bottle on their desks, so he normally drinks water.

Many of the other kids pay for milk in cartons that are brought to the classroom at lunchtime. The first time I volunteered in the classroom the teacher said, "I hope the milk is good today; it's been spoiled the last two days and we've had to throw it all away." Blech.

Anonymous said...

My mother used to make me eat what she thought was nutritious for me. I played along for a while, at the same time dumping the trash she gave me and choosing to go without food or scrounging food from others instead of being ostracized for eating that vegan crap. Do NOT do this to your son, let him choose what to eat. You are evil for doing this. Seriously, stop it. He'll be picked on and kicked by little girls, just stop it!

Anonymous said...

How did you make the carrot blossoms?

Jennifershmoo said...

Carrot blossoms are big carrots that are sliced and trimmed into little flower shapes. :-)