Here's the salad-of-the-day in my two-tier To-Go Ware tiffin. I'm so happy that To-Go Ware has added little Sidekick containers to their line. The lids are stainless steel (no more crying over cracked plastic!) and they fit snug; I haven't had any leak problems. I used three today to hold black beans, picante sauce, and half an avocado to top my salad with at lunchtime. I love the way they all fit in the tiffin.
Shmoo has now proclaimed that he "only eats pears" and has stopped eating all other fruit. ("Who are you and what have you done with my son?") I tried to tempt him with some of this fresh pineapple, but ended up eating it all myself. I packed it in the smaller top container from the three-tier tiffin -- it can be packed and used alone for small snacks. And look at the pretty food picks I found to eat it with!
I've been feeling so good lately! I've been improving my eating style and getting back on track with Eat To Live, with the help of my wellness coach, a personal trainer (basically I need people telling me what to do at all times or I wind up face first in a vat of pudding), the support of my friends, and a lot of hard work.
Right now my slightly-modified Eat To Live food plan goes as follows:
- A green smoothie for breakfast.
- A small snack if necessary (usually a piece of fruit).
- A big salad with different toppings, some steamed vegetables, and fresh fruit for lunch.
- A snack if necessary (usually fruit and an ounce of nuts, or a slice of sprouted wheat bread with almond butter).
- A big bowl of soup or stew, cooked vegetables, or a stir-fry for dinner.
- beans are in there at least once a day, at lunch, dinner, or both.
Apologies for all you non-ETLers out there who might find this post terribly boring. Hopefully I'll find someone else to pack a lunch for soon! Preferably someone who hasn't entered the terrible tweens....