Friday, April 20, 2012

Lentil Beet Orange Salad

This was a great salad! I was looking for something fun to do with leftover cooked lentils when I came up with the idea for a Lentil Beet Orange Salad.

I baked whole beets the night before: scrub whole beets without peeling, wrap them in foil, and bake at 400F for about 45 minutes, until easily pierced with a knife. After they cool down the skins slip off easily when rubbed with the back of a paring knife.

In the morning I tossed diced beets, orange segments, and lentils on a bed of lettuce and packed the salad with Orange Sesame Cashew Dressing. The combination of sweet beets, earthy lentils, and bright citrus was amazing!

9 comments:

jane_ash said...

and so pretty!

Michael Pettitt said...

I will have to put beetroot on the shopping list!

Bird and Boy Photography said...

Yummy!!!

omly said...

That looks amazing!

Kristina Smith said...

It takes time to prepare it but looks so yummy and sure have a great taste and sure one can add it to their healthy eating plan and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I've been buying inordinate numbers of beets at the local farmers markets - thanks for the great recipe idea!

Unknown said...

I love your blog and all the recipes you have posted.I keep trying new ones everyday.
Your blog gives a great aproach to good health and well-being.
Also I am interested in modifying with your permission your veganlunchbox website. I am a student taking web desgining and my instructor shows us your website very often as a teaching example, so I would like to talk more about it if you are interested.
Thanks
Moni

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic. I always have leftover lentils and I've got some beets that are ready to be pulled in the garden. Yay!

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing! Love lentils with citrus kick!