Friday, November 17, 2006

In other news...

  • The podcast segment I recorded recently for Erik's Diner has been written down and is now a guest in Nava Atlas' Vegetarian Kitchen: Vegan Kids and Lunch at School: Helping your Child Fit In. While you're there, be sure to check out all the other great guest articles from a wide range of veg experts, as well as her wonderful collection of kid-friendly recipes.

  • Speaking of kids, Vegan Outreach has just added a page featuring pictures and stories of Real Honest-to-Goodness Vegan Kids, in response to the worries that many have regarding raising healthy babies and children on a vegan diet.

  • Next week I'll be posting a fun Thanksgiving lunch box. In the meantime, I hope you're all busy planning spectacular vegan feasts of your own! If you're looking for recipes, check out Nava's Thanksgiving Favorites and the Thanksgiving collection at VegCooking. And remember, it's never too late to Adopt-A-Turkey.

8 comments:

bernusha said...

The "Real Honest-to-Goodness Vegan Kids" article was encouraging to read. Thanks for adding it as a link!

hyphen_helena said...

You're description of school lunches in your podcast is dead-on. I'm not a lifelong vegan but I'm still disgusted by it.

I'm glad you had fun at your signing!

Matt and Bobbie said...

Hi Jennifer! Thanks so much for the Honest-to-Goodness vegan kids link. My partner is rolling his eyes right now, because I'm writing down baby names and googling over all the cute babies! How will I ever convince him?!

WannabeMe said...

I just got my copy in the mail this week - it got here early, on the 14th - I was so happy! I'm already going through the book to plan out my kids' school lunches for next week.

Thanks for signing it!

Lively Mountain said...

Love the blog.
Are you coming out east?? Vermont/NH

ArlineA said...

Hi Jennifer --

Hearing about all of these happy people who have received their books in the mail. Should I be worried that mine has not arrived yet. It was paid through ebay several weeks ago.

Arline

NOELLE ALOUD said...

What an inspiration those vegan children are! Stories like that give me such support as I contemplate a vegan pregnancy and raising vegan babies and children. Thank you!

erinladeeda said...

I enjoyed reading about all the vegan kids. But I don't think that nurslings can be honestly called vegan. They are consuming animal milk it's just from an animal named Mom.