Monday, September 15, 2008

Lunch Box Contest Winner #3

This contest entry from Sherrila in California won my heart with a beautiful lunch container and a meal fit for a king -- or, in this case, a very hungry vegan husband!

I really like this Nissan Stainless Steel Lunch Totewith its nesting containers tucked into an insulated carrier. (I noticed in researching this lunch container that they have discontinued the current model and are coming out with a new one soon; I'm not sure what the changes are as it looks identical in the pictures...)

Let's start the description on the bottom left with heart-shaped melon salad with a trio of adorable strawberry mousies on top.

Next to it is a bell pepper filled with tofu salad and a salad of flower-shaped carrots, peppers, and zucchini, and a container of dressing on the side.

The hearty main course is a "Tuscan-inspired" pot pie filled with spinach, cannelini beans, and apple-sage vegan sausages from Field Roast. That pie sounds sooo good right now -- I love Field Roast!

For more pictures of lunch and lunch box, along with a more detailed description of contents, check out Sherrila's contest entry pdf.

It's so beautiful, Sherrila! You have one lucky husband. Keep up the good work!

14 comments:

Bev said...

Do the laptops leak? This looks tight with lids.

Alexis said...

Wow! I failed to submit anything for the contest, but I can see now I would have lost handily. I've never approached anything this good-looking!

The Nissan container is very much like Mr. Bento from what I can tell, even down to the shapes and sizes of the internal containers. It's interesting that there are two that are so similar.

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Wow! That is a fierce looking lunch! The strawberry mousies are just lovely, and that tofu salad stuffed pepper looks SO good!
Go Sherrila!

Lunch Buckets said...

Strawberry mousies! That's the cutest thing I've seen all day :)

Nachos said...

YUM!

The strawberry mice are unbelievably cute - how creative! Well done.

Janet said...

A very cool lunch! It's amazing that all of those containers fit into the tote. I want one!

Armchair_Archives said...

Congratulations Sherrila! That pot pie looks and sounds so good! Lovely lunch! :) I'm hungry now...

Bianca said...

Damn, I'd like to marry Sherrila if she'd make that kinda lunch all the time. I love pot pie, especially cute mini-ones!

Rebecca said...

I've been enjoying seeing and reading about all these contest winners. They have inspired me to make my daughter's lunches more appealing from now on!

I just wanted to let your readers know that we are giving away a copy of Vegan Lunch Box right now on the Green Baby Guide.

Thanks for writing this great blog!

Ms. Candice said...

Yum!
I need to be a better wife! :)

Maria Rose said...

Goodnight Nelly! That is amazing. I am looking at my lunch box (in the office today) and I am feeling very sorry for myself.

Mimi said...

Hi there! I love your blog. I actually own one of those lunch boxes, advertised on Amazon as a Mr. Bento. It is the best! The nesting containers are the perfect size and the insulated outer container really keeps your hot food hot. Highly recommended.

jsaccenti said...

Everything looks amazing - I'dlove to have the recipe for the potpie if you are willing to share :)

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

-sherrila