Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sausage Biscuits

Spelt biscuits with veggie breakfast sausage, hashbrowns, and a little container of ketchup; vanilla soy yogurt topped with frozen strawberries, and some pecan granola on the side to sprinkle on top. Beverage: calcium-fortified orange juice.
Verdict: Even though I'm crazy about this lunch box, I sure wish one of the small side containers had a lid. I covered the granola with plastic wrap held on with a rubber band so it wouldn't spill. He couldn't quite finish both biscuits -- they're filling! 4 stars.

5 comments:

lonna said...

It does seem like it would be nice if each of the smaller containers had a lid just in case. This lunch looks great. My son doesn't like veggie sausage, but my husband and I have a similar meal for weekends. Yum.

Anonymous said...

This lunch looks so good! Will you share the recipe for the spelt biscuits? Yum.

Harmonia said...

Never had spelt biscuts (yet) how much do they differ from non-spelt? LOL

Anonymous said...

My co-worker introduced me to this blog. Everything looks delicious. I don't have a kid, but if I did I would totally prepare your vegan lunches for him/her. Actually, I would prepare your vegan lunches for myself. Maybe you should consider publishing a book on raising vegan kids.

-- Pia
Soy fanatic from Maryland

Anonymous said...

Oooo, those biscuits look YUMMMY!!!!